Thursday, July 12, 2007

THE NIGHT BEFORE

So I'm going to try to gain weight. I do actually have a plan. It's a revision of several other plans that I've had and that I've never stuck to for more than a week, but it's still a plan. This journal will mostly be for my own benefit, a chance for me to look back at how far I've come. I'm hoping to add pictures and give a little description of how I've feeling that day, but we'll see. Like I said... my record is one week.

And can I just say, it's so annoying to hear things like "I wish I had your metabolism" or "Lucky you! I wish all I had to do was eat more". Look, it's no picnic here. Trust me, I've eaten seven eggs for breakfast and there's been days I thought to myself how much easier it would be NOT to eat too much. Heck, I like healthy eating. Salads, veggies, fish, lean meats... they taste good! I think it's easy to lost weight, too. And remember, I'm not trying to gain fat, I'm trying to gain "healthy weight".

As my wife has said, it's true I don't really need to do this. I'm in good shape, roughly the right weight for my height and there's probably no health problems associated with being a 145lb 5'9" guy. But it's something I really want to do. It's like running, cycling or swimming. It's what will make me happy. And I'm not shooting for thirty extra pounds. I'd just like to have wrists that are thick enough to support my own hands.

So, here I go. The entry has been posted and tomorrow I start my diet.

Goal #1: Last for one week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know what you have to do to gain weight right? GET PREGNANT! It is the only thing that worked for me! LOL
Good luck! I've been there, I know how hard & frustrating it is!